How to restore your chat history
To restore your chat history, first make sure that you have an existing Google Account backup. To check if you have an existing Google Account backup:
- Open the Google Drive app and sign into your Google account.
- Tap Menu > Backups.
- If you’re saving WhatsApp backups on Google Account, they’ll appear in this list.
To restore your chat history from your Google Account backup:
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
- Tap Restore when prompted. Don’t tap Skip as it may result in the loss of your backup.
- Unfortunately, we can't help restore your backup because your chat history isn’t stored on our servers.
- The amount of space in your Android device must be larger than the backup you wish to restore.
- The phone number used for backing up and the one used for restoring must be the same.