How to use greeting messages
A greeting message is a customizable message that’s automatically sent to your customers when they first message you or whenever they message you after 14 days of inactivity in their chat with you. Enable greeting messages to automatically engage your customers in conversation.
Business Tip: Set up greeting messages like “Hi there! How can I help you today?” to engage your customers in conversation and help them feel welcomed. This can lead to improved customer satisfaction.
Set a greeting message
- Open the WhatsApp Business app.
- Tap More options> Business tools > Greeting message.
- Turn on Send greeting message.
- Tap Greeting message to edit your greeting message, then tap OK.
- Tap Recipients and select one of the following options:
- Everyone: send to everyone who messages you.
- Everyone not in address book: send to customers who aren't in your address book.
- Everyone except…: send to all customers except those you select.
- Only send to…: send only to select customers.
- Tap SAVE.
Note: Your device must have an active internet connection in order to send greeting messages.