Configuring your privacy settings
By default, WhatsApp sets your privacy settings to allow:
- Any WhatsApp user to see your read receipts, last seen and online, about and profile photo.
- Your contacts to see your status updates.
- Any users to add you to groups.
To change these settings, simply go to WhatsApp > Settings > Account > Privacy.
- If you don't share your last seen or online, you won't be able to see other people's last seen or online.
- People online in a chat thread with you can see when you’re typing.
- If you turn off read receipts, you won't be able to see read receipts from other people. Read receipts are always sent for group chats.
- If a contact has disabled read receipts, you will not be able to see that they have viewed your status update.
Learn about privacy settings on: Android