How to send and open view once media and voice messages
View once isn’t available on some versions of KaiOS.
On versions where it is available, you can send a photo or video that will disappear on WhatsApp after the recipient has opened it and exited the media viewer. Once they exit the media viewer, the media will no longer be visible in that chat and they can’t view it again. View once photos and videos won’t be saved to the recipient’s Photos or Gallery, and they can’t forward them.
Send view once media
- Open an individual or group chat.
- Press +.
- Choose what you'd like to send, then press:
- Picture to take a new photo with your camera or choose an existing photo from your library.
- Video to take a new video with your camera or choose an existing video from your phone.
- Press Select > Options, then select View Once.
- Press SEND.
You’ll see an Opened receipt in the chat once the recipient has viewed the photo or video.
Open view once media
- Open the message with the 1.
- View the photo or video.
You’ll see an Opened receipt in the chat for media you’ve already viewed. Once you exit the media viewer, you can’t view the media again or report the media to WhatsApp, and it won’t be saved to your camera roll.