How to send and open view once media
You can send a photo or video that will disappear on WhatsApp after the recipient has opened it and exited the media viewer. Once they exit the media viewer, the media will no longer be visible in that chat and they can’t view it again. View once photos and videos won’t be saved to the recipient’s Photos or Gallery, and they can’t forward them.
Send view once media
- Open an individual or group chat.
- Tap Attach, then tap:
- Camera to take a new photo or video with your camera. Videos recorded using WhatsApp are limited to 16MB.
- Gallery to select an existing photo or video from your phone.
- Tap 1.
- Tap Send.
You’ll see an Opened receipt in the chat once the recipient has viewed the photo or video.
Open view once media
- Tap the message with the 1.
- View the photo or video.
- Swipe or tap Backto exit the media viewer.
You’ll see an Opened receipt in the chat for media you’ve already viewed. Once you exit the media viewer, you can’t view the media again or report the media to WhatsApp, and it won’t be saved to your camera roll.