Can't use desktop calling
Web and Desktop
If you’re having trouble making or receiving desktop calls:
- Ensure your computer and phone are connected to the internet and you have a strong internet connection.
- Update WhatsApp to the latest version available.
- Ensure that your device supports desktop calling.
- Make sure the microphone, camera, and speakers are working on your computer.
- Troubleshoot your microphone and speakers through your computer’s sound settings.
- Use a headset for the best audio. Using a separate external microphone and speaker devices might cause echo.
- Make sure your camera is available.
- Ensure you’ve granted permission for WhatsApp to access your microphone and camera.
- Virtual audio and video devices aren’t supported.