We’re updating our Terms of Service for UK business users
WhatsApp is updating its Terms of Service for business users (including the WhatsApp Business Data Processing Terms), to reflect that from April 27, 2023, WhatsApp LLC will replace WhatsApp Ireland Limited as the service provider for business users in the UK.
This change follows the UK’s departure from the European Union. WhatsApp LLC in the US continues to be the service provider for users outside the European Region. We're also incorporating a new Data Transfer Addendum to comply with specific requirements under UK law.
What’s staying the same
- There are no changes to the WhatsApp Business Services you receive.
- These updates only apply to UK businesses using WhatsApp Business Services in the UK.
- Nothing changes about the privacy or security of our services or your messages. WhatsApp protects your messages with end-to-end encryption meaning, no one, not even WhatsApp, can read or listen to them. WhatsApp considers chats with businesses that use the WhatsApp Business app, or manage and store customer messages themselves, to be end-to-end encrypted. Find out more about the privacy and security of messages on the WhatsApp Business app.
You can preview the changes before they come into effect on April 27, 2023 through the pages below:
- WhatsApp Business Terms of Service
- WhatsApp Business Data Processing Terms
- WhatsApp Business UK Data Transfer Addendum