About the new WhatsApp Desktop experience
The new WhatsApp desktop app for Windows users is now live and available here.
WhatsApp Desktop users have been using our web-based desktop app (WhatsApp Desktop) or our browser-based app (WhatsApp Web). As we're always trying to improve the WhatsApp experience for our users, we're developing apps native to Windows and Mac operating systems.
Advantages of native apps:
- Increased reliability and speed
- Designed and optimized for your desktop operating system
- Continue to receive notifications and messages even when your phone is offline
Download the new WhatsApp Desktop App for Windows.
Once downloaded and installed, to log in:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap More optionson Android or Settings on iPhone.
- Tap Linked Devices.
- Point your phone camera to the QR code that appears on your WhatsApp Desktop App.
WhatsApp desktop app native to Mac operating systems is currently in development.
- For early access and to help us with testing, you can download our beta program here.
- As a Mac user, you can use WhatsApp Web in your browser or download our web-based WhatsApp Desktop app.