How to create short links
The WhatsApp Business app enables you to share a link so customers can start a chat with you directly.
If your customer has WhatsApp installed on their device, a secure chat between the two of you automatically opens. From a web browser, your customer will be sent to a web page with your business information. From there, they can click CONTINUE TO CHAT to open a chat with you.
Note: If you share your profile picture with Everyone in your privacy settings, it also appears on the web page. Learn how to change your privacy settings in this article.
Creating a short link
A short link for your business is automatically generated when you create an account on the WhatsApp Business app. To access this short link:
- Tap > Business tools
- Tap > Short Link.
- Tap Short link to view the auto-generated link.
Business Tip: With WhatsApp Business Premium, you can easily create a professional web page with a custom link that’s tailored to your business and easy to remember.
Once you’ve accessed the short link, you can:
- Tap to copy the short link and paste it somewhere else on your website or Facebook pages.
- Tap to directly send this link over to your customers. Anyone who has access to the link will be able to message you.
- Tap the slider to set a message template for customers to use when they open the short link.
- Tap to create and edit your default message. Pre-populated default messages make it easier for customers to reach out to your business with common questions or inquiries.
- How to use click to chat
Learn about WhatsApp Business Premium