How to use live location
The Live Location feature allows you to share your real-time location for a specific amount of time with the participants of an individual or group chat. You can control whether and how long to share your live location. You can also stop sharing your live location at any time. Once stopped or expired, your live location is no longer be shared. Individuals who you shared your live location with will continue to see the location you shared as a static thumbnail image, and can tap the image to see your last updated location.
Share your live location
- Enable location permissions for WhatsApp in your phone's Settings > Apps & notifications > Advanced > App permissions > Location > turn on WhatsApp. Alternatively, if you recently opened WhatsApp, you can go to your phone's Settings > Apps & notifications > WhatsApp > Permissions > turn on Location.
- Open an individual or group chat.
- Tap Attach> Location > Share live location.
- Select the length of time you'd like to share your live location. Your live location will stop being shared after the selected amount of time.
- Optionally, add a comment.
- Tap Send.
Stop sharing your live location
Stop sharing your live location in a specific chat or group
- Open the individual or group chat.
- Tap Stop sharing > STOP.
Stop sharing your live location in all chats and groups
- Tap More options> Settings > Privacy > Live location.
- Tap STOP SHARING > STOP.
- You can disable location permissions for WhatsApp at any time by going to your phone's Settings > Apps & notifications > Advanced > App permissions > Location > turn off WhatsApp.
- Alternatively, if you recently opened WhatsApp, you can go to your phone's Settings > Apps & notifications > WhatsApp > Permissions > turn off Location.