How to stop saving WhatsApp media to your phone's gallery
When you download a media file, it'll automatically be saved to your phone's Gallery. The Media visibility option is turned on by default.
Stop saving media from all your individual and group chats
- Tap > Settings > Chats.
- Turn off Media visibility.
Note: Changing this setting only affects new media that's downloaded once the feature has been turned on or off. It doesn’t apply to old media.
Stop saving media from a specific individual or group chat
You can also adjust your settings for saving incoming media from specific chats or groups.
- Open an individual chat or group.
- Tap > View contact or Group info.
- Alternatively, tap the contact's name or group subject.
- Tap Media visibility > No > OK.