How to use broadcast lists
With the broadcast list feature, you can send a message to several of your contacts at once. Broadcast lists are saved lists of message recipients that you can repeatedly send broadcast messages to without having to select them each time.
Create a broadcast list
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap Broadcast Lists at the top of the Chats screen.
- Tap New List at the bottom of the Broadcast Lists screen.
- Search for or select the contacts you want to add.
- Tap Create.
This will create a new broadcast list. When you send a message to the broadcast list, it’ll be sent to all recipients in the list who have your number saved in their phones’ address book. Recipients will receive the message as a normal message. When they reply, it’ll appear as a normal message in your Chats screen. Their reply will not be sent to other recipients in the broadcast list.
Note: Only contacts who have added you to their phone's address book will receive your broadcast message. If your contact is not receiving your broadcast messages, check to make sure they’ve added you to their address book. Broadcast lists are a one-to-many communication. If you want your recipients to participate in a group conversation, you should create a group chat instead.
Edit a broadcast list
- Open your Broadcast Lists.
- Tap the "i" icon next to the list you want to edit.
- In the List Info screen, you can:
- Change the name of your broadcast list.
- Add or remove recipients from the list by tapping Edit list....
Delete a broadcast list
- Tap the Broadcast Lists button at the top of the Chats screen.
- Swipe left on the broadcast list you want to delete.
- Tap Delete.
Alternatively, tap Edit, then the "–" icon next to the list you want to delete > Delete.