How do I change my ringtone for WhatsApp?
On iPhone, you can select any ringtone available within WhatsApp. You can change the ringtone for when the app is closed via WhatsApp Settings > Notifications. Here you can choose different ringtones for messages, group messages and WhatsApp Calls.
With iOS 12 and third party call integration, the ringtone used for WhatsApp voice calls is the ringtone set in the contact information within the phone's Contacts app.
Set a custom ringtone for WhatsApp voice calls on iOS 12
- Go to your iPhone Contacts app.
- Tap the contact you wish to select a custom ringtone for.
- Tap Edit on the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Ringtone. Choose a ringtone.
- Tap Done.
Set a custom ringtone for WhatsApp voice calls on iOS 16.2
- Open WhatsApp. On the Chats screen, tap the contact’s name.
- Tap Wallpaper & Sound > Alert tone
- Select an ALERT TONE from the options. Tap Save.
- Custom notification sounds for messages can be set in WhatsApp Settings > Notifications.
- Group calls use a default ringtone. This ringtone can’t be customized.