How to change your ringtone for WhatsApp
You can select any ringtone available within WhatsApp, or customize ringtones for specific contacts
Change conversation tone or ringtone for all messages and calls
- Tap > Settings > Notifications.
- Under Calls, tap Ringtone.
- Choose a ringtone and tap Save or Apply.
Set a custom ringtone for specific contacts
- Open the chat with the contact or group you want to customize.
- Tap the contact or group name.
- Tap Custom notifications and check Use custom notifications.
- Select the notification tone you’d like to change.
- Under Message notifications, tap Notification tone. Select a tone and tap Save or Apply.
- Under Call notifications, tap Ringtone. Select a ringtone and tap Save or Apply.
Note: Group calls use a default ringtone for WhatsApp Calls. This ringtone can’t be customized.