About the new WhatsApp Desktop experience
Web and Desktop
The new WhatsApp desktop app for Windows users is now live and available here.
WhatsApp Desktop users have been using our web-based desktop app (WhatsApp Desktop) or our browser-based app (WhatsApp Web). As we're always trying to improve the WhatsApp experience for our users, we're developing apps native to Windows and Mac operating systems.
Advantages of native apps:
- Increased reliability and speed
- Designed and optimized for your desktop operating system
- Continue to receive notifications and messages even when your phone is offline
Download the new WhatsApp Desktop App for Windows.
Once downloaded and installed, to log in:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap More optionson Android or Settings on iPhone.
- Tap Linked Devices.
- Point your phone camera to the QR code that appears on your WhatsApp Desktop App.
The WhatsApp desktop app native to Mac operating systems is currently in the early stages of development.
- For early access and to help us with testing, you can download our beta app by clicking here (compatible with macOS Big Sur or newer).
- As a Mac user, you can use WhatsApp Web in your browser or download our web-based WhatsApp Desktop app.