How to create a community
Web and Desktop
You can create a WhatsApp community with up to 100 groups. Community Announcements will automatically be created for your community. This is a space where community admins can send messages to all community members.
Note: You can't currently create a community on the WhatsApp Business app.
Create a community
- Go to the Communities tab.
- Tap New Community > Get Started.
- Enter the community name. You can also add your own description and a community icon.
- The community name limit is 100 characters.
- Your description should provide members an idea of what your community is about.
- You can add a community icon by tapping Edit. You can choose Take Photo, Choose Photo, Emoji & Stickers, or Search web to add your own image. Once set, the icon will appear next to the community in the Chats tab.
- Tap Create.
Note: You can only add up to 2,000 members to new and existing communities and community Announcements.