How to create a community
Web and Desktop
You can create a WhatsApp community with up to 100 groups. Community Announcements will automatically be created for your community. This is a space where community admins can send messages to all community members.
Note: At this time, you can only add up to 2,000 members to new and existing communities and community Announcements. We're working on resolving this issue quickly.
Create a community
- Go to the Communities tab.
- Tap New community.
- Tap Get started.
- Enter the community name. You can also add your own description and a community icon.
- The community name limit is 100 characters.
- Your description should provide members an idea of what your community is about.
- You can add a community icon by tapping Add photo. You can choose Camera, Gallery, Emoji & stickers, or Search Web to add your own image. Once set, the icon will appear next to the community in the Chats tab.
- Tap the .