How to send message reactions
웹 및 데스크톱
You can react to messages in your individual and group chats with emoji. You can view all reactions to a message by tapping the reactions emoji below the message.
- You can only add one reaction per message.
- Reactions to disappearing messages will disappear when the message disappears.
- It’s not possible to hide reactions or reaction counts.
- Recipients might see your reaction before you remove it or if removing it wasn’t successful. You won’t be notified if removing a reaction wasn’t successful.
Add a reaction to a message
When you add a reaction, only the sender of the message being reacted to will receive a notification.
- Long press on a message.
- Tap to select one of the displayed emoji or tap to select any emoji from your keyboard.
Change your reaction
You can change your reaction to a different one.
- Long press on a message you reacted to.
- Tap a different emoji or tap to select a different emoji from your keyboard.
Remove a reaction
You can remove your reaction to a message. A notification won’t be sent to the sender of the message if you remove a reaction.
- Long press on the message you reacted to or tap the reaction.
- Tap the emoji you reacted with to remove it.
Note: When using the TalkBack feature on your Android device, WhatsApp reactions are displayed over the contextual options. To react to a message, swipe until the message is highlighted, then double-tap and hold. To reply, forward, or delete a message while using TalkBack, swipe with two fingers, or use the back gesture. The reaction tray will be dismissed, but the message will remain selected, allowing you to choose contextual options.