About linked devices
Use WhatsApp on Web, Desktop, Android tablets, companion phones, and other devices by linking them to your primary phone. You can use up to four linked devices at a time.
Your personal messages, media, and calls are end-to-end encrypted. Each linked device connects to WhatsApp independently while maintaining the same level of privacy and security through end-to-end encryption that people who use WhatsApp have come to expect.
- Your phone doesn’t need to stay online to use WhatsApp on linked devices, but your linked devices will be logged out if you don’t use your phone for over 14 days.
- You need your primary phone to register your WhatsApp account and link new devices.
These features aren't currently supported:
- Viewing live location.
- Creating and viewing broadcast lists.
- Adding and deleting status on linked devices.
Keep your account safer
- Enable push notifications on your phone. By enabling push notifications, you can remove devices you don't recognize from being linked to your account. If you don’t recognize the device, tap the notification to review and remove it.
- Check your linked devices regularly. Go to WhatsApp Settings > Linked Devices to review all devices linked to your account. To log out of a linked device, tap the device > Log Out. We’ll also automatically disconnect linked devices after 30 days of inactivity.
- You can scan a WhatApp QR code or link with your phone number to link a new device to your account. Only link on WhatsApp Web, WhatsApp Desktop, WhatsApp Android Tablets, WhatsApp companion phones, or Ray-Ban Stories.