About linked devices
Use WhatsApp on Web, Desktop, and other devices by linking them to your phone. You can use up to four linked devices and one phone at a time.
Your personal messages, media, and calls are end-to-end encrypted. Each linked device connects to WhatsApp independently while maintaining the same level of privacy and security through end-to-end encryption that people who use WhatsApp have come to expect.
- Your phone doesn’t need to stay online to use WhatsApp on linked devices, but your linked devices will be logged out if you don’t use your phone for over 14 days.
- You need your phone to register your WhatsApp account and link new devices.
These features aren't currently supported on WhatsApp Web and Desktop:
- Viewing live location.
- Creating and viewing broadcast lists.
Keep your account safer
- Enable push notifications on your phone. By enabling push notifications, you can remove devices you don't recognize from being linked to your account. If you don’t recognize the device, tap the notification to review and remove it.
- Check your linked devices regularly. Go to WhatsApp Settings > Linked Devices to review all devices linked to your account. To log out of a linked device, tap the device > Log Out. We’ll also automatically disconnect linked devices after 30 days of inactivity.
- You'll need to scan a WhatApp QR code to link a new device to your account, so only scan QR codes on WhatsApp Web, WhatsApp Desktop, Portal from Meta, or Ray-Ban Stories.
- How to link a device
- About message history on linked devices
- How to log in or out