About linked devices
Linked devices provide a reliable, secure way to access WhatsApp from any of your devices. You can stay connected by linking up to four devices at a time to your primary phone. You’ll still need your primary phone to register your WhatsApp account and link new devices. Learn how to link a device here.
Supported linked devices include:
Benefits of linked devices
- Use WhatsApp on your computer even when your phone is off.
- Be more productive with multi-tasking and faster typing on a larger keyboard.
- Use WhatsApp on a bigger screen to view and share your media and files with others.
- Use the WhatsApp Mac or Windows app to make voice calls with up to 32 people and video calls with up to 8 people.
Your personal messages, media, and calls are end-to-end encrypted. Each linked device connects to WhatsApp independently while maintaining the same level of privacy and security through end-to-end encryption that people who use WhatsApp have come to expect.
Keep your account safer
- Enable push notifications on your phone. By enabling push notifications, you can remove devices you don't recognize from being linked to your account. If you don’t recognize the device, tap the notification to review and remove it.
- Check your linked devices regularly. Check your linked devices regularly. To review all devices linked to your account, tap > Linked Devices. To log out of a linked device, tap the device > Log Out. We’ll also automatically disconnect linked devices after 30 days of inactivity.
- You can scan a WhatApp QR code or use your phone number to link a new device to your account. Only link on WhatsApp Web, WhatsApp for Windows and Mac, WhatsApp Android Tablets, WhatsApp companion phones, or Ray-Ban Stories and Ray-Ban Meta.
- Linking your device through other websites may put your account at risk. Learn more about how you can protect yourself from scams in this article.
Note: Your phone doesn’t need to stay online to use WhatsApp on linked devices, but your linked devices will be logged out if you don’t use your phone for over 14 days.
These features aren't currently supported:
- Viewing live location.
- Creating and viewing broadcast lists.
- Interacting with businesses using WhatsApp Flows.