How to report a channel
Web and Desktop
Note: WhatsApp Channels has begun rolling out but isn't available to everyone yet.
Join the waitlist to be notified when WhatsApp Channels is available to you.
Where Channels is available, we're rolling out new features gradually. Some features, like being able to create a channel, might not be available to you yet.
If you think a channel is sharing problematic content or spam, you can report them or report specific updates.
Report an entire channel
- From the channel info page: Click Report Channel.
- As a follower, report from the channel: Click > Report.
Report a specific written update, photo, or video on a channel
- Hover over the written update or media you want to report, click , and select Report. If you're a follower, you can also check the box to unfollow the channel.
For more details on how we keep channels safe, read the Channels Guidelines. Please be aware that a user report of conduct in violation of our Channels Terms of Service won't necessarily result in us taking action in or banning the channel or channel owners or admins.
- If you report a channel, you won't be notified if it's been banned or under review.
- You'll remain anonymous, even if you're a follower of the channel.