About "Waiting for this message. This may take a while."
At times, you might see the above message in place of what you were sent from a contact.
Due to end-to-end encryption, you might need to wait for someone's message to arrive because their phone needs to come online.
This might be because:
- You or your contact aren't using the latest version of WhatsApp.
- You or your contact might've recently reinstalled WhatsApp.
- The message was sent while you were offline and by the time you got back online, the contact was offline.
- The message wasn’t delivered to you. In this case, please ask your contact to resend the message.
To speed up this process:
- Ask the person you're messaging to open WhatsApp on their phone.
- Make sure you’re both on the latest version of WhatsApp.