How to create and invite into a group
Webb och dator
You can create a WhatsApp group with up to 256 participants.
Create a group
- Open WhatsApp > tap More options> New group.
- Alternatively, tap New chat> New group.
- Alternatively, tap New chat
- Search for or select contacts to add to the group. Then, tap the green arrow icon.
- Enter a group subject. This will be the name of the group that all participants will see.
- The subject limit is 25 characters.
- You can tap Emojito add emoji to your subject.
- You can add a group icon by tapping the Camera icon. You can choose to use your Camera, Gallery, or Search Web to add an image. Once set, the icon will appear next to the group in the CHATS tab.
- Tap the green check mark icon when you're finished.
Invite into groups via links
If you're a group admin, you can invite people to join a group by sharing a link with them. The admin can Reset link at any time to make the previous invite link invalid and create a new link.
- Open the WhatsApp group chat, then tap the group subject.
- Alternatively, tap and hold the group in the CHATS tab. Then, tap More options> Group info.
- Alternatively, tap and hold the group in the CHATS tab. Then, tap More options
- Tap Invite via link.
- Choose to Send link via WhatsApp, Copy link, Share link through another app, or QR code.
- If sending through WhatsApp, search for or select contacts, then tap Send.
- To reset the link, tap Reset link > RESET LINK.
- If sending through WhatsApp, search for or select contacts, then tap Send
- Any WhatsApp user you share an invite link with can join the group, so only use this feature with trusted individuals. It’s possible for someone to forward the link to other people, who could then join the group without additional approval from the group admin.
- We’re gradually increasing group sizes over the coming months and there might be a delay in accessing this feature.