How to create and invite into a group
Web i stolno računalo
You can create a WhatsApp group with up to 1024 participants.
Create a group
- Click orabove your chats list in WhatsApp.
- Alternatively, click the New chat icon.
- Click New group.
- Search for or select contacts to add to the group. Then click the green arrow icon.
- Enter a group subject. This will be the name of the group that all participants will see.
- The subject limit is 100 characters.
- You can add emoji to your subject by clicking the Emoji icon.
- You can add a group icon by clicking . You can choose to Take photo, Upload photo, Emoji & Stickers, or do a Web Search to add an image. Once set, the icon will appear next to the group in your chats list.
- Note: Web Search is not currently available for WhatsApp Web.
- Click the green check mark icon when you're finished.
Invite into groups via links
If you're a group admin, you can invite people to join a group by sharing a link with them. The admin can always Reset link to make the previous invite link invalid and create a new link.
- Open the WhatsApp group chat, then click the group subject.
- Alternatively, click orin the top corner > Group info.
- Alternatively, click
- Click Invite to group via link.
- Choose to Send link via WhatsApp or Copy link.
- If sending through WhatsApp, search for or select contacts, then click Send.
- To reset the link, click Reset link > RESET LINK.
Note: Any WhatsApp user you share an invite link with can join the group. Only use this feature with trusted individuals. It’s possible for someone to forward the link to other people, who could then join the group without additional approval from the group admin.