How to create and invite into a group
Web i stolno računalo
You can create a WhatsApp group with up to 1024 participants.
Create a group
- Open WhatsApp > tap > New group.
- Alternatively, tap > New group.
- Alternatively, tap
- Search for or select contacts to add to the group. Then, tap the green arrow icon.
- If your contact doesn’t have a WhatsApp account, you can choose to send them an invite link via SMS.
- Enter a group subject. This will be the name of the group that all participants will see.
- The subject limit is 100 characters.
- You can tap to add emoji to your subject.
- You can add a group icon by tapping the Camera icon. You can choose to use your Camera, Gallery, Emoji & Stickers, or Search Web to add an image. Once set, the icon will appear next to the group in the Chats tab.
- Tap the green check mark icon when you're finished.
Note: If a group subject isn’t added, the group name will be a list of the users in the group.
Invite into groups via links or QR code
If you're a group admin, you can invite people to join a group by sharing a link or QR code with them. The admin can always Reset link to make the previous invite link invalid and create a new link.
- Open the WhatsApp group chat, then tap the group subject.
- Alternatively, tap and hold the group in the Chats tab. Then, tap > Group info.
- Alternatively, tap and hold the group in the Chats tab. Then, tap
- Tap Invite via link.
- Choose to Send link via WhatsApp, Copy link, Share link, or QR code.
- If sending through WhatsApp, search for or select contacts, then tap .
- To reset the link, tap Reset link > Reset link.
- If sending through WhatsApp, search for or select contacts, then tap
Admins can also change group settings to allow all participants to add others to group chats.
Note: Any WhatsApp user you share an invite link with can join the group, so only use this feature with people you trust. It’s possible for someone to forward the link to other people, who could then join the group without additional approval from the group admin.