How to create and invite into a group
Web ja työpöytäohjelmat
You can create a WhatsApp group with up to 1024 participants.
Create a group
- Open WhatsApp > tap > New group.
- Alternatively, tap > New group.
- Alternatively, tap
- Search for or select contacts to add to the group. Then, tap the green arrow icon.
- Enter a group subject. This will be the name of the group that all participants will see.
- The subject limit is 100 characters.
- You can tap to add emoji to your subject.
- You can add a group icon by tapping the Camera icon. You can choose to use your Camera, Gallery, Emoji & Stickers, or Search Web to add an image. Once set, the icon will appear next to the group in the CHATS tab.
- Tap the green check mark icon when you're finished.
Invite into groups via links or QR code
If you're a group admin, you can invite people to join a group by sharing a link or QR code with them. The admin can always Reset link to make the previous invite link invalid and create a new link.
- Open the WhatsApp group chat, then tap the group subject.
- Alternatively, tap and hold the group in the CHATS tab. Then, tap > Group info.
- Alternatively, tap and hold the group in the CHATS tab. Then, tap
- Tap Invite via link.
- Choose to Send link via WhatsApp, Copy link, Share link, or QR code.
- If sending through WhatsApp, search for or select contacts, then tap .
- To reset the link, tap Reset link > RESET LINK.
- If sending through WhatsApp, search for or select contacts, then tap
- Any WhatsApp user you share an invite link with can join the group, only use this feature with trusted individuals.
- We’re gradually increasing group sizes over the coming months and there might be a delay in accessing this feature.