How to move your WhatsApp Messenger account to the WhatsApp Business app
Before you move from WhatsApp Messenger to the WhatsApp Business app, we recommend creating a backup of your account. Learn how to create a backup in this article.
Business Tip: Businesses can make a bigger impact on their sales and growth by switching to the WhatsApp Business app. The WhatsApp Business app offers a variety of free features for connecting with customers and selling products and services.
- Update WhatsApp Messenger and download the WhatsApp Business app from the Google Play Store.
- Open the WhatsApp Business app.
- Read the WhatsApp Business app Terms of Service. Tap AGREE AND CONTINUE to accept the terms.
- The WhatsApp Business app automatically identifies the number you’re using in WhatsApp Messenger. To continue, tap the option with your business number.
- If the number that appears is not the number you want to use, tap USE A DIFFERENT NUMBER, then follow the standard verification process.
- Tap CONTINUE > ALLOW to allow the WhatsApp Business app to access your chat history and media.
- WhatsApp will send you an SMS with a 6-digit code. Enter the 6-digit code to verify your number.
- Create your business profile, then tap NEXT.
- You can continue editing your business profile once your WhatsApp Business account is active.