How to use away messages
When away messages are enabled, customers who message you will automatically receive a customizable message, indicating that you're busy or away from your phone. You can choose which customers to send away messages to and when away messages should be sent.
Business Tip: Using away messages not only helps you protect your personal time. It also assures your customers that you aren't neglecting them.
Set an away message
- Open the WhatsApp Business app.
- Tap More options> Business tools > Away message.
- Turn on Send away message.
- Under Away message, tap the message to edit it, then tap OK.
- Tap Schedule to schedule your away message. Choose from the following options:
- Always send: send at all times.
- Custom schedule: send only during the specified period.
- Outside of business hours: send only outside of business hours.
- Note: This option is only available if you have set your business hours in your business profile.
- Tap Recipients to determine who should receive your away message. Choose from the following options:
- Everyone: send to anyone who messages you while you have the Away Message feature turned on.
- Everyone not in address book: send only to customers who aren't in your address book.
- Everyone except…: send to all customers except those you select.
- Only send to…: send only to selected contacts.
- Tap SAVE.
Note: Your device must have an active internet connection in order to send away messages.