About desktop calling
Web and Desktop
You can make free voice and video calls to your contacts on WhatsApp Desktop if you have the app installed on your computer.
Desktop calling is supported on:
- Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 and newer
- macOS 10.13 and newer
To make or receive calls on WhatsApp Desktop, you’ll need:
- An audio output device and microphone for voice and video calls.
- A camera for video calls.
- To grant WhatsApp permission to access your computer’s microphone and camera. WhatsApp needs access to your computer's microphone for calls and camera for video calls.
- Group calls aren’t supported on WhatsApp Desktop at this time.
- If you’ve chosen to silence calls from unknown callers, they’ll be silenced on WhatsApp Desktop too.