How to chat with Meta AI in a group
Web and Desktop
You can use Meta AI in your WhatsApp group chats to ask questions or get advice. Others in the chat will be able to see your messages to Meta AI as well as Meta AI's response. Meta AI is an optional service offered and managed by Meta.
- This feature is currently only available in limited countries and might not be available to you yet.
- At this time, only English is supported.
Messages from Meta AI and other characters are generated by artificial intelligence (AI), using a service from Meta, in response to the prompts you send to the AI.
Meta AI can only read and reply to questions that mention @Meta AI, not any others. As always, your personal messages and calls remain end-to-end encrypted, meaning not even WhatsApp or Meta can see or listen to them.
Ask AI a question in a group chat
- Open the group chat you'd like to use AI in.
- Type @ in the message field, then click Meta AI.
- If prompted, read and accept the terms.
- Type your prompt.
- Click . AI's response will be displayed in the chat.
Reply to AI
- Hover over the AI message, then click .
- Type your message.
- Click .
- You have the option to delete individual chats with AIs or request the deletion of information you previously shared with Meta AI. Learn more in this article.
- Some messages generated by AIs might not be accurate or appropriate.