How to delete chats from your phone’s WhatsApp database
Your WhatsApp chats are automatically stored in your phone’s WhatsApp database. To delete chats stored in your phone’s WhatsApp database:
- Launch your file manager.
- Tap the WhatsApp folder to view your device’s WhatsApp sub-folders.
- Tap and hold the Databases file > Delete.
- On Android 10+ the file path is: Main Storage > Android > Media > com.whatsapp > WhatsApp > Databases.
- Your chats are saved in the
- You can’t open these folders outside of WhatsApp.
- You’ll need to use a file manager to delete these files.