How to edit channel updates
Web and Desktop
Note: WhatsApp Channels has begun rolling out but isn't available to everyone yet.
Join the waitlist to be notified when WhatsApp Channels is available to you.
Where Channels is available, we're rolling out new features gradually. Some features, like being able to create a channel, might not be available to you yet.
You can edit some channel updates up to 30 days after sharing them.
Edited channel updates will have the word "edited" next to the timestamp and will be shown to everyone viewing a channel.
Edit a channel update
- Hover over the channel update you want to edit, then click > Edit.
- Edit your update.
- Click the checkmark when you're finished.
- There is a 30 day time limit for editing messages.
- Editing a channel update won't send a notification to people following your channel.
- You can't edit photos, videos, audio updates, polls, or other types of media.