Can't change phone number
If you’re having issues using the change number feature, make sure that:
- The old phone number you entered is currently registered on your WhatsApp account. You can see what phone number is registered by going to WhatsApp Settings, then tapping your profile photo icon. If your old phone number isn’t registered, register it first before you attempt to change your phone number again.
- You have an active and working SIM card for the new phone number you want to use with WhatsApp.
- You have a strong and stable cellular connection.
- Your phone has sufficient internal storage.
- Make sure you’re using a supported phone number. Unsupported phone numbers can’t be registered on WhatsApp and include:
- Note: Landlines are only accepted on the WhatsApp Business app
- Toll-free numbers
- Paid premium numbers
- Universal access numbers (UAN)
- Personal numbers
If you’re having issues registering your new phone number after you’ve changed your phone number, read more about registration.
Note: Changing your phone number isn't supported on KaiOS. However, you can register your new phone number on WhatsApp by going through the registration process. Your old account information won't be transferred to the new phone number and you'll lose your individual and group chats.