About privacy checkup
Privacy checkup allows you to choose the right level of protection for you. It allows you to access step-by-step guidance to help strengthen the security of your account and customize your privacy settings all in one place. In privacy checkup, you can:
- Choose who can contact you.
- Control your personal info.
- Add more privacy to your chats.
- Add more protection to your account.
How to start your privacy checkup
- Navigate to your privacy settings:
- Android: Tap > Settings > Privacy.
- iPhone: Tap Settings > Privacy.
- Tap Start checkup on the banner at the top of the screen.
- Tap each option to adjust your privacy setting for that section.
Choose who can contact you
In this section, you can choose who can contact you and stop unwanted calls and messages. You can adjust who can add you to groups, silence unknown callers, and manage your blocked contacts.
Control your personal info
Here, you can choose the best audience for your personal information, like online status and activity. You can choose who can see your profile photo, control who can see your last seen and online, and manage read receipts.
Add more privacy to your chats
You can use this section to limit access to your messages and media. Here, you can manage your default message timer and your end-to-end encrypted backups.
Add more protection to your account
In this section, you can help to protect your account by adding an extra layer of security. You’ll find controls for fingerprint lock and two-step verification here.
How to change your privacy settings