How to archive or unarchive a chat or group
ਵੈੱਬ ਅਤੇ ਡੈਸਕਟਾਪ
The archive chat feature allows you to hide an individual or group chat from your chats list to better organize your conversations.
- Archiving a chat doesn’t delete the chat or back it up to iCloud.
- Archived individual or group chats will stay archived when you receive a new message from that individual or group chat.
Archive a chat or group
- In the Chats tab, swipe left on the chat or group you want to archive.
- Tap the Archive icon.
Archive all chats at once
- Go to WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Archive All Chats.
- Tap Archive All > Archive All.
View archived chats or groups
At the top of the Chats screen, tap the Archived icon.
Unarchive a chat or group
- At the top of the Chats screen, tap the Archived icon > Edit > Select Chats.
- Select the chat you'd like to unarchive > Unarchive.
You can also manually unarchive a chat by searching for a contact name or message from that contact:
- In the Chats tab, tap the Search bar.
- Enter the name of the chat or contact name you want to unarchive.
- Swipe left on the chat you want to unarchive.
- Tap the Unarchive icon.
More archive settings
To change the default settings so archived chats unarchive when new messages are received:
- Go to WhatsApp Settings > Chats.
- Turn off Keep Chats Archived.