How to archive or unarchive a chat or group
Web and Desktop
You can hide an individual or group chat from your chats list to better organize your conversations.
Note: Archiving a chat doesn’t delete the chat.
Archive a chat or group
- Hover over the individual or group chat you want to archive, then click Menu.
- Click Archive chat.
Unarchive a chat or group
- Search for the contact name or group subject.
- Alternatively, click Menu ( or ) above your chats list > then click the Archived icon.
- Hover over the individual or group chat you want to unarchive, then click Menu > Unarchive chat.
- Archiving a chat doesn’t delete the chat or back it up.
- Archived individual or group chats will stay archived when you receive a new message from that individual or group chat.
- You won't receive notifications for archived chats unless you're mentioned or replied to.
- The number next to Archived shows how many individual or group chats have unread messages.
- An @ symbol shows when someone has replied to or mentioned you in an archived group chat.