How to share your screen
To share your screen during a video call:
- Tap in the video controls to access screen sharing. Your phone will show a prompt indicating that you're about to begin recording or casting with WhatsApp.
- Tap Start now to begin screen sharing.
- To stop sharing your screen, tap Stop Sharing.
- During a screen sharing session, the video feeds of call participants appear below shared content.
- The information displayed on your shared screen, including usernames and passwords, are visible to the person you’re sharing with.
- Screen sharing isn’t available during audio calls.
- Audio isn’t available for shared content, such as Youtube, Netflix, or video games.
- Screen sharing is protected with end-to-end encryption and is never recorded by WhatsApp. No one outside of the call, not even WhatsApp, can see or hear what you share on your screen.
- For the best experience, update to the latest version of WhatsApp. If participants aren’t using the latest version, an onscreen prompt will appear to update WhatsApp before screen sharing.