How to link a device
Web and Desktop
You can now use the same WhatsApp account on multiple phones at the same time, using your primary phone to link up to four devices. You’ll need to log in to your primary phone every 14 days to keep linked devices connected to your WhatsApp account.
Link an Android companion phone to your primary phone
- Download WhatsApp on the Android companion phone you want to link. Open WhatsApp and tap AGREE AND CONTINUE.
- Tap > Link as companion device. You’ll see a QR code to be scanned by your primary phone.
- Open WhatsApp on your primary phone.
- Android: Tap > Linked devices > Link a device.
- iPhone: Go to WhatsApp Settings > Linked Devices > Link a Device.
- Unlock your primary phone:
- If your device has biometric authentication, follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you don’t have biometric authentication enabled, you’ll be prompted to enter the pin you use to unlock your phone.
- Scan the Android companion phone QR code with your primary phone.
- Live location and add status aren’t supported on companion phones.
- Your companion phones will be logged out if you don’t use your primary phone for over 14 days.
- Successfully linked companion phones will show “This is a linked device. Learn more” in Settings.