About removal of account ban
We may ban your account if our system flags your account activity as a violation of our Terms of Service. After reviewing your account activity, we may remove the ban so that you have access to WhatsApp. If your account was banned and has been unbanned, you’ll need to re-register your phone number on WhatsApp to ensure you have access. You can visit our website to download WhatsApp or the WhatsApp Business app.
Best practices for using WhatsApp
To avoid having your account banned in the future, you should abide by the following:
- Get permission from your contacts before you add them to a group.
- Only communicate with users you know and those who wish to receive messages from you.
- Don’t send unsolicited promotional or repetitive messages.
- Follow our Terms of Service.
- Only download WhatsApp from trusted sources like the Google Play Store or Apple App store. You can visit our website to download WhatsApp or the WhatsApp Business app.
Our Terms of Service
We recommend carefully reviewing the “Acceptable Use of Our Services” section of our Terms of Service to learn more about the appropriate uses of WhatsApp and the activities that violate our Terms of Service. Keep in mind, we can reinstate an account ban if the account activity continues to violate our Terms of Service.
Note: We don’t provide support for unsupported apps, devices, or versions of WhatsApp, or jailbroken or rooted devices. Learn more about our supported operating systems in this article. For more information about unofficial apps and why we don’t support these apps, you can refer to this article.