Can’t migrate chat history from Android to iPhone
To transfer your WhatsApp chat history from an Android phone to iPhone, you must have the following:
- Android OS Lollipop, SDK 21 or above, or Android 5 or above installed on your Android device
- iOS 15.5 or above installed on your iPhone
- Move to iOS app installed on your Android phone
- WhatsApp iOS version 184.108.40.206 or above on your new device
- WhatsApp Android version 220.127.116.11 or above on your old device
- Use the same phone number as your old phone on your new device
- Your iPhone must be factory new or reset to factory settings to pair with the Move to iOS app and move data from your Android phone
- Both of your devices must be connected to a power source
- Both of your devices need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network or you’ll need to connect your Android device to your iPhone’s hotspot
Note: Using other data migration apps is not supported, and will cause migration issues.
WhatsApp is already active, skipped, or missed import option on my new device
You can only restore your WhatsApp history before you’ve activated WhatsApp on your new phone. If you want to retrieve your old message history, you can:
- Delete WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Re-register for WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Start a new transfer with Move to iOS on your Android phone.
Note: It’s not possible to merge the new and old history.
My new device has a different phone number
It's not possible to transfer your WhatsApp data to a new phone number. However, you can change your phone number on your old device to your new phone number before moving to your new phone.
Learn how to change your WhatsApp number on your old device in this article .
Move to iOS app force quit or failed
If you experience issues with the Move to iOS app, please contact Apple Support.