How to play voice messages
Web ja työpöytäohjelmat
Voice messages received on WhatsApp are downloaded automatically.
On received voice messages you'll see:
- A green microphone on voice messages you haven't played.
- A blue microphone on voice messages you've already played.
Play a voice message
- Click Playto listen to voice messages you've sent or received.
- Listen to the message.
- Through your computer’s speakers: Play the message through your computer’s speakers.
- Through your headphones: Voice messages will play through your headphones when they’re connected.
- While a message is playing, you can click the 1x icon to increase the speed to 1.5x or 2x.
- You can also:
- Click and drag the dot located on the waveform, then
- Drag it to the timestamp of the message you want to start playing from.
- Voice messages will continue to play even if you navigate to another chat or group within WhatsApp.
- When you play a voice message and leave the chat, a mini player will appear in the bottom left of your window.
- You can pause, play, and close the voice message, or go back to the original chat.
How to send voice messages