How to make a voice call
Διαδίκτυο και υπολογιστές
Voice calling lets you call your contacts using WhatsApp for free, even if they’re in another country. Voice calling uses your phone’s internet connection rather than your mobile plan’s minutes. Data charges may apply.
Make a voice call
- Open the individual chat with the contact you want to voice call.
- Tap Voice call.
Alternatively, open WhatsApp, then tap the CALLS tab > New call
. Find the contact you want to voice call, then tap Voice call
Receive a voice call
If your phone is locked, you'll see an incoming WhatsApp voice call screen when someone voice calls you, where you can:
- Swipe upto answer the call.
- Swipe upto reject the call.
- Swipe upto decline the call with a quick message.
If your phone is unlocked, you’ll see an Incoming voice call pop-up when someone voice calls you, where you can tap Decline or Answer.
Switch between voice and video calls
Switch from a voice call to a video call
- While on the voice call, tap Video call> SWITCH.
- The contact you're voice calling will see a request to switch to a video call. They can accept or decline the switch.
Switch from a video call to a voice call
- While on the video call, tap Video off, which will notify the contact you're video calling.
- Once the contact turns their video off, the call will be switched to a voice call.
- Make sure you and your contacts have strong internet connections when placing or receiving group voice calls.
- You can’t access emergency service numbers through WhatsApp such as 911 in the United States. To make emergency calls, you must make alternative communication arrangements.
- How to make a group voice call.