Can’t download, open, or send media files
If you can’t download, open, or send media files, the most common reason why is a weak internet connection. We recommend you:
- Restart your phone, or turn it off and on.
- Update WhatsApp to the latest version.
- Try connecting to mobile data if you're on Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi if you're on mobile data.
- Contact your mobile provider.
The issue could also be related to your SD card. Check if your SD card has:
- Enough storage space. You might need to delete WhatsApp data from your SD card to free up space to download media.
- Read-only mode is turned off.
If you’re still having issues, your SD card might be corrupted and need to be reformatted or replaced.
Note: If you can't open a downloaded PDF file on your phone, make sure it has a PDF reader installed. If the file is password-protected, confirm you have the right permissions to view it. If the file still won't open, try turning your phone off and back on.