Account security tips
To better secure your WhatsApp account, follow these tips:
- Never share your registration code or two-step verification PIN with others.
- Enable two-step verification and provide an email address in case you forget your PIN.
- Set a voicemail password on your phone that's difficult to guess to prevent anyone from accessing your voicemail.
- Check your linked devices regularly. Go to WhatsApp Settings > Linked Devices to review all devices linked to your account. To remove a linked device, tap the device > Log Out.
- Set a device code and be aware of who has physical access to your phone. Someone who has physical access to your phone might use your WhatsApp account without your permission.
We recommend you share this advice with friends and family to help secure their WhatsApp accounts.
Note: If you receive an email to reset the two-step verification PIN or registration code but didn't request this, don't click on the link. Someone could be trying to access your phone number on WhatsApp.
- If you think your account was stolen, learn how to recover it in this article.
- Learn more about how to stay safe on WhatsApp.