Account security tips
You can better secure your WhatsApp account by following these tips:
- Never share your registration code or two-step verification PIN with others.
- Enable two-step verification and provide an email address in case you forget your PIN.
- Set a device code.
- Be aware of who has physical access to your phone. If someone has physical access to your phone, they can use your WhatsApp account without your permission.
We recommend you share this advice with friends and family to help secure their WhatsApp accounts.
Note: If you receive an email to reset the two-step verification PIN or registration code but didn't request this, don't click on the link. Someone could be attempting to access your phone number on WhatsApp.
- If you believe your account was stolen, refer to the Recovering a Stolen Account article.
- Learn more about how to stay safe on WhatsApp.