How to create stickers for WhatsApp
We provide sample apps and code for both Android and iOS. You can drop in your sticker art and build an app with minimal development or coding experience. Advanced developers can also make richer sticker apps using the set of APIs and interfaces that WhatsApp supports.
Read the requirements below for designing stickers. Refer to the README files associated with the sample apps for requirements and tips when creating your sticker app.
Note: When creating an iOS sticker app, develop a unique user interface (UI) and don't use our sample apps' UI. A unique user interface (UI) is required to comply with the Apple App Store Review Guidelines.
Custom stickers must meet the following requirements:
- Each sticker has a transparent background.
- Stickers must be exactly 512x512 pixels.
- Each sticker must be less than 100 KB.
Provide an icon to represent your sticker pack in the WhatsApp sticker picker or tray. This image should be 96x96 pixels and must be less than 50 KB.
In addition to the requirements above, we strongly recommend the following:
- Stickers will render on a variety of backgrounds, including white, black, colored, and patterned. We recommend adding an 8-pixel
#FFFFFFstroke to the outside of each sticker. View a sample Photoshop (PSD) file here.
- There should be a 16-pixel margin between the sticker image and the edge of the 512x512 pixel canvas.
If you have any questions or issues when creating stickers, email us at email@example.com. For any other questions or issues, contact us on WhatsApp by going to Settings > Help > Contact Us.
Stickers are available on the latest Android and iOS versions of WhatsApp. If you don't see stickers, update to the latest version of WhatsApp on your phone’s application store.